Chicken Parmesan with Oven-Roasted Tomato Sauce
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided $
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1/4 cup dry white wine $
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper $
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat panko
- 2 (8-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves $$
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's) $
- 1.5 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated and divided (about 6 tablespoons) $
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk $
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cooking spray $
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Combine tomatoes and 1 tablespoon oil; toss. Arrange tomato mixture on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until browned.
3. Increase oven temperature to 425°.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add shallot; cook 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, stock, wine, thyme, salt, and pepper; cook 4 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
5. Place panko in a large skillet; cook over medium heat 3 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently.
6. Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally to form 4 cutlets. Combine mayonnaise, half of Parmesan cheese, and milk in a bowl. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over both sides of cutlets. Combine panko, garlic powder, and remaining half of Parmesan cheese in another dish. Dredge cutlets in panko mixture.
7. Place cutlets on a wire rack coated with cooking spray. Place rack on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
8. Preheat broiler to high.
9. Top each cutlet with 2 tablespoons tomato mixture; top tomato mixture evenly with mozzarella cheese. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Sprinkle with basil, and serve with remaining tomato mixture