Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake
If you truly are mint chocolate lover, you'll love this Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake. Topped with chocolate ganache, it is a special dessert.
- DEVIL'S FOOD CAKE:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup hot strong brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 10 chocolate wafers, coarsely crushed
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- 1 (4-ounce) semisweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 8 tablespoons whipping cream, divided
- Garnishes: sweetened whipped cream, thin crème de menthe chocolate mints.
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 90mins
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour 3 (8-inch) round cake pans. Line with parchment paper.
Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Add egg, beating just until blended. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Add to butter mixture alternately with coffee, beating until blended. Stir in vinegar. .
Spoon batter into pans. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks, peel off parchment paper, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
Place 1 cake layer in a 9-inch springform pan. Top with one-third of ice cream (about 2 1/3 cups); sprinkle with half of crushed wafers. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining cake layer and ice cream. Freeze 8 to 12 hours.
Remove cake from springform pan, and place on a cake stand or plate.
For ganache, microwave chocolate and 4 tablespoons whipping cream in a microwave-safe bowl at high for 1 minute or until melted, stirring at 30-second intervals. Stir in up to 4 tablespoons additional cream for desired consistency.
Spread ganache over top of ice-cream cake. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired.
You'll also love
- Mini Potato Kugel Cups 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Roasted Carrot & Ginger Soup 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Angel Food Cupcakes with Raspberry... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Italian Ricotta Pie with Candied... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- White Chocolate Key Lime Pie 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Lekach (Honey-Spice Cake) 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Vanilla Ice Cream 4.3/5 (18 Votes)