Lemon and Capers Shrimp Pasta
- 2 lbs of Large Shrimp deveined
- 6 Tbsp Capers
- 4 Tbsp Freshly squeezed lemon juice (no seeds)
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves crushed into sauce
- Pinch of Italian parsley, chopped
- Pinch of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb of fettucini (fresh Lemon flavored pasta optional)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Begin boiling the water for your pasta immediately. If your are using packaged pasta (and there is nothing wrong with that if you use a good pasta type.) add the pasta as soon as possible. If you're using the fresh lemon pasta recipe don't add the pasta to the pan until after the shrimp have been added to the pan.
Then devein the shrimp. You must remove the dark vein before cooking. Rinse the shrimp and set aside.
Heat a large skillet on Medium heat and melt the butter. Then crush the garlic into the pan and stir slightly but only for about a minute then turn the heat to medium high.
Add the shrimp to the pan and splash with the white wine. The shrimp don't take long to cook. When the turn orangish then they are complete and you should scoop them out of the pan and leave the sauce in the pan.
Toss in the capers and stir on medium high heat. You need a whisk for this step. Take a pinch of your all purpose flour, and I mean only a pinch or two and sprinkle into the pan with the sauce and whisk quickly. This should give the sauce just a slight thickness. Not too much though.
Drain the pasta and serve out portions onto plates and then place the shrimp on top of the pasta. Then pour a little bit of the sauce on top. Sprinkle with the Italian parsley, and slice of lemon if you want to dress it up.
Hold the cheese on this Italian pasta recipe!
You'll also love
- Beef Pot Pie 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Bo Kho Vietnamese Beef Stew 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Caramelized Onion Sweet Potato... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Mushrooms 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Superb Rigatoni and Cauliflower Au... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Orange Mousse 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Salmon Salad Sandwich 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Melon Margarita 4/5 (1 Votes)