- 3 cups (750 mL) light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) golden corn syrup
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) 18 % table cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) salted butter
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Measure sugar, corn syrup, cream, butter and salt into saucepan. Stir gently over low heat until dissolved. Boil, without stirring, to soft ball stage (238 °F / 115 °C).
Remove from heat; cool; beat until creamy and thick. Add nuts and vanilla extract. Pour into lightly buttered 8-inch square pan (20 cm).
Mark in squares while warm. Cut when cool. Store in sealed container.