Shrimp and California Avocado Tostadas
- 4 small corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil
- 3 California Avocado
- 3 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup refried beans
- 4 ears of corn, grilled and kernels removed
- 1/2 lb medium sized shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
In a skillet, heat the grapeseed oil over medium high heat until almost smoking. Add the toritllas into the oil, one at a time, and fry on each side for about 1-2 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Remove with tongs and set aside to dry on a paper towel. Repeat process with other corn tortillas.
In a small bowl, place the avocado and chives and lime juice. Mash with a fork, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Toss the shrimp with the cayenne and garlic powder as well as salt and pepper. Saute in a medium skillet with 2 tbsp of grapeseed oil for 2-3 minutes on each side until pink and cooked.
Spread the 1/4 cup of refried beans on top of each tortilla.
Sprinkle on the charred corn
Spread a layer of the mashed avocado chive mixture on top.
Top the mashed avocado with the red bell pepper
Finish with a few shrimp.
Season with salt and pepper if needed.
You'll also love
- raspberry swirl and brownie ice... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab Cake Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Soup with Roasted... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Cherry Pudding 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corn Salsa with Lobster 0/5 (0 Votes)
- shrimp dumplings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- herbed shrimp and white bean salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguine with Avocado and Arugula... 0/5 (0 Votes)