Toffee Crunch Cheesecake Squares
- 2-1/4 cups (550 mL) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) corn syrup
- 2 packages (each 8 oz/250 g) light or regular cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) toffee bits, divided
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Line a 13 x 9-inch (3 L) metal baking pan with foil, leaving 2 inches (5 cm) overhang at each end.
In a bowl, combine crumbs, butter and corn syrup until blended; press into prepared pan. Bake for about 10 min or until puffed. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; beat in cornstarch until blended. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in Milk then vanilla until blended. Using a rubber spatula fold in 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the toffee bits.
Pour evenly over baked crust. Bake for about 30 min or until edges are puffed and centre is slightly jiggly. Immediately sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Let cool completely in pan on rack. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, until chilled or up to 2 days. Remove from pan using foil overhang as handles. Cut into squares.