Fresh cranberry cookies
These quick cookies have nuts, orange frosting, and of course fresh cranberries, creating a tart, sweet, and fruity treat.
- ORANGE FROSTING:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Heat oven to 375°F degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Alternatively use ungreased baking sheets.
In a large bowl beat sugars, butter, orange peel, orange juice and egg with an electric mixer set on medium or mix by hand with a spoon, until well blended.
Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt just until combined.
Stir in cranberries and nuts.
Place rounded tablespoonfuls of cookie dough on baking sheets spaced about 2 inches apart.
Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown.
Remove from the oven and transfer cranberry cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
In a small bowl, stir together the sugar, orange peel, and orange juice until smooth and spreadable. Spread on cooled cranberry cookies.
You'll also love
- BROCCOLI-CAULIFLOWER SALAD with... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Rosemary-Garlic Dinner Rolls 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Bacon Chocolate Bark 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Banana Peanut Butter Bread 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Muffins or Bread 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Strawberry Moscow Mule 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Raspberry Tarts 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- M&M Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)