Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, beat shortening and butter on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
3. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking soda and salt; beat until combined.
4. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.
5. Beat in flour.
6. With wooden spoon, stir in remaining flour and chocolate pieces.
7. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
9. Cool on wire rack.