Chocolate Anise Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground anise seed
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper. 3. Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl to blend.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar and butter in a large bowl to blend.
5. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time.
6. Add the flour mixture and beat just until blended.
7. Add the ground anise seed and mix well.
8. Stir in the chocolate chips.
9. Form the dough into a 16-inch-long, 3-inch-wide log. 10. Transfer the log to the prepared baking sheet.
11. Bake until light golden, about 30 minutes.
12. Cool 30 minutes.
13. Place the log on the cutting board.
14. Using a serrated knife, cut the log on a diagonal into 1/2- to 3/4-inch-thick slices.
15. Arrange the cookies cut side down on the baking sheet.
16. Bake the cookies until pale golden, about 15 minutes.
17. Transfer the cookies to a rack and cool completely.