Shrimp, Avocado and Jicama Salad
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 about 4 quarts water
- 1/2 - 1 cup vinegar (apple cider vinegar is fine)
- 1/4 about 1/4 cup Old Bay seasoning
- 1 pot water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- salt and pepper
- 1 large jicama, peeled and cut into thin strips or cut on a mandoline
- 3 avocadoes, quartered and then sliced across
- these should be cut until ready to mix salad**
1. Put water, vinegar and Old Bay in a pot and bring to a boil.
2. Drop shrimp into water.
3. Remove pot from heat.
4. Let sit 2 minutes (less for small shrimp).
5. Remove shrimp from water, allow to cool.
6. Cut shrimp in half lengthwise.
7. Place pot of water onto stove, bring to simmer.
8. Place egg yolk into a stainless steel bowl along with a Tbl of hot water.
9. Using a wire whisk, whisk egg yolk with bowl over simmering water until egg becomes lighter in color and frothy and warm to the touch. (Do not allow yolk to scramble).
10. Remove egg bowl from the water.
12. Gradually whisk in oil.
12. Whisk in lemon, salt and pepper to desired taste.
13. Place shrimp, and cut vegetables into a large bowl.
14. Stir in small amounts of mayonnaise until desired consistency.
You'll also love
- Nicole's Pumpkin Pudding Crunch 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pineapple Sauce for Ham 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scallops wrapped in Bacon-Baked 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Twice-Cooked Coconut Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp and Crab Meat Alcachofas 2.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Black Bean, Chicken, and Avocado... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sour Orange, Red Cabbage and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cuban Pulled Pork Tacos with Guava... 0/5 (0 Votes)