Spanish Chicken Skillet
- 2 tsp. McCormick Paprika
- 1 tsp. McCormick Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. McCormick Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 tsp. McCormick Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. McCormick Crushed Red Pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken breast, cut into 6 serving size pieces
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large green or red bell pepper, cut into this strips
- 1 large oinion cut into 1/2 inch thick wedges
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup cup chicken broth or dry sherry
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Mix flour, salt and all of the spices except Red Pepper in small bow. Sprinkle chicken with 2 tablesppons of seasoned flour.
Cook chicken in hot oil in large skillet on medium-high heat 3 minutes per side or until browned. Remove from skillet. Add bell pepper and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir in tomatoes, broth and remaining seasoned flour, Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Stir in Red Pepper to taste, if desired. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken in cooked through.