Salmon Salad Sandwich
Salmon salad served on tangy pumpernickel bread makes for an easy dinner — a double batch will give you lunch the next day.
- 2 can(s) (6- to 7-ounce) boneless, skinless wild Alaskan salmon, drained
- 1/4 cup(s) minced red onion
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoon(s) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel)
- 8 slice(s) pumpernickel bread, toasted
- 8 slice(s) tomato
- 2 large leaves romaine lettuce, cut in half
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from eatingwell.com
Combine salmon, onion, lemon juice, oil, and pepper in a medium bowl. Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese on each of 4 slices of bread. Spread 1/2 cup salmon salad over the cream cheese. Top with 2 tomato slices, a piece of lettuce, and another slice of bread.
Carb Servings: 2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 1 fat. Carbohydrate Servings: 2. Nutrition Bonus: Folate (22% daily value), Iron & Vitamin C (17% dv), source of omega-3s.