HG's Quiche Me Bacon Tarts
Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe (2 quiches)
PointsPlus® value 4*
- 3 slices center-cut bacon or turkey bacon
- 2 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 2 tbsp. diced onion
- 2 tbsp. diced green bell pepper
- 1 package Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations Seamless Dough Sheet (or HG Alternative)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook bacon until crispy, about 4 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, in a medium-large microwave-safe bowl, microwave cheese wedges for 20 seconds, or until warm. Stir until smooth. Add egg substitute, and mix well.
Remove skillet from heat. Clean, if needed. Re-spray and return to medium heat. Cook and stir onion and pepper until softened, about 2 minutes.
Pat veggies dry, if needed, and transfer to the bowl. Crumble or chop bacon, and add to the bowl. Mix well.
Roll out dough into a large rectangle of even thickness. Cut into 12 equally sized squares. Place a square of dough into each cup of the muffin pan, pressing it into the bottom and up along the sides.
Evenly distribute egg mixture among the dough cups. Bake until dough is lightly browned and filling is fully cooked, 12 - 14 minutes.