Chocolate Spice Crinkles
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 22mins
1. In a large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat butter, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until creamy.
2. Add eggs, vanilla and chocolate; beat until blended.
3. With mixer on low speed, beat in flour just until blended.
4. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
5. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
6. Lightly grease or coat cookie sheets with nonstick spray.
7. Roll level measuring tablespoons of dough into 1-1/4" balls.
8. Roll in confectioners' sugar.
9. Place on cookie sheets.
10. Bake 12 minutes or until tops are puffed and crackled.
11. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.