Chocolate zucchini sheetcake
No one will ever guess the ingredients of this rich,moist,chocolately delight. For a beautiful lacy finish,place doily on top of the cake and dust with powered sugar. Remove doily to reveal your of art.
- 1-1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter,softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 cups firmly packed grated unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar
In a large mixing bowl,cream together sugars,butter,oil,eggs,vanilla and buttermilk.
Mix flour,allspice,cinnamon,salt,baking soda and cocoa.
Add to creamed mixture.
Stir in zucchini.
Pour into greased and floured 11x17-inch jelly roll pan.
Sprinkle chocolate chips over top.
Bake at 325degrees for 40-45minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
Dust with powered sugar.
Cool: Before cutting.