Beef and Potato Moussaka
- Parmesan Sauce:
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 c water
- 1 6-oz can tomato paste
- 3 T minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 c butter, cubed
- 1/4 c flour
- 2 c milk
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 c Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
In large skillet, brown meat and onion. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer; drain. Stir in water, tomato paste, parsley, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
For sauce, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Add cheese and salt.
Place half potato slices in a grease shallow 3 quart baking dish. Top with half the cheese sauce and all of the meat mixture. Arrange remaining potatoes over meat; top with remaining cheese sauce.
Bake, uncovered 350 degrees for 1 hr. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Jello Balls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Picadilly Strawberry Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- E.D. SMITH'S PUMPKIN PIE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- MOP SAUCE FOR PULLED PORK 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Eggplant with Onion and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Rouladen Recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Crowns 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Poor Man's Prime Rib 0/5 (0 Votes)