Crab cakes aren't just for special occasions! These are easy to make. Be patient cooking them so the outside is nicely browned and crisp, with tender and flavorful crab inside.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise, or salad dressing
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups soft bread crumbs (about 2 slices bread)
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne), if desired
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium green onions, chopped, about 2 tablespoons
- 3 (6-ounce) cans crabmeat, well drained, cartilage removed and flaked
- 1/4 cup Progresso® plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from recipe.com
In medium bowl, mix mayonnaise and egg with wire whisk. Stir in remaining ingredients except plain bread crumbs and oil.
Shape mixture into 6 patties, about 3 inches in diameter (mixture will be moist). Coat each patty with plain bread crumbs.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook patties in oil about 10 minutes, gently turning once, until golden brown and hot in center. Reduce heat if crab cakes become brown too quickly.
You'll also love
- Grilled Portobello Mushroom,... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Roasted Corned Beef 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip with... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Candy Corn Popcorn Mix 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Two-Ingredient Lemon Bars 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Lobster Avocado Salad 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Curry Shrimp Salad Stuffed Avocados 4.2/5 (36 Votes)
- Carolina Blue Crab Cakes 4.5/5 (15 Votes)