Asian Shrimp and Snap pea Stir-Fry
- 10 ml(2 tsp)canola oil
- 1 Lg garlic,clove,minced
- 10 ml fresh ginger root,grated
- 1 small red onion,thiny sliced
- 500 ml sugar snap peas
- 500 g shrimp,frozen,large,thawed,drained,peeled and deveined
- 250 ml chicken broth,divided(1/4+3/4)
- 6 ml(1 1/2 tsp)cornstarch
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes,or to taste
- 1/2 tsp unpasked brown sugar
- 500 ml cooked brown rice.
Heat oil in large nonstick skilet over medium-high heat.Add garlic,ginger,and onion,cook,stirring frequently,1 min.
Add sugar snap peas;cook until crisp-tender,stirring frequently,about 3 min.Add shrimp;cook until shrimp are
almost cooked through and turn pink,about 3 min.Meanwhile,in a small bowl,mix together 1/4 cup broth and
cornstarch,stir well to blend.Add remaining 3/4 cup broth and soy sauce.
Pour broth mixture into skillet,scraping up any browned bits with a spoon;stir in red pepper flakes and sugar.Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce thickens and shrimp are completely cooked,about 2 min.Seve
over rice.Yields about 1 cup shrimp-veg
mixture and 1/2 cup rice per serving.