Snickerdoodle Smores Bars
- 2cups2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2teaspoons1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2cups1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6tablespoons6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2large2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1tablespoons1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 44 Hershey's bars
- 3cups3 cups mini marshmallows
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2teaspoons2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4cup1/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon butter
Adapted from theslowroasteditalian.com
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter an 8”x8” baking pan and dust with sugar; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
3. Using an electric or stand mixer on medium speed; cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix to combine, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add vanilla. Mix until thoroughly combined. Reduce speed to low. Slowly add the flour mixture until just combined. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl and stir.
4. In a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon to make topping. Stir to combine. Set aside.
5. Spread half of the dough evenly into the prepared pan. Sprinkle marshmallows over top in an even layer. Add candy bar in an even layer making sure to cover the whole top. Spread remaining dough evenly on top of candy bars. Sprinkle sugar cinnamon evenly over the top of the batter.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool completely before cutting.
7. Microwave marshmallows and butter in a heat safe dish, 30 seconds at a time until you have a smooth consistency. Drizzle over bars.