Caramel Banana Cupcakes
- 3 sticks butter at room temp--unsalted
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 T whole milk
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1-5oz bag soft caramels
- 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line cupcake pans. In large bowl beat one stick butter with 1 cup sugar til fluffy (4 minutes). Add 3/4 cups bananas, baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt and beat until smooth. Stir in 1 cup flour. Mix in 6 T milk and remaining 3/4 cups flour til smooth.
2. Using electric mixer, beat egg whites at medium until peaks form. Gradually mix in remaining 1/4 c sugar on high until stiff and glossy. Fold egg whites into batter. Spoon batter into liners. Cut 9 caramels in half and put one in each cup. Bake 25 minutes and cool.
3. In heavy saucepan, cook other caramels, 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup banana, 1/4 tsp salt over medium heat until melted.
Using mixer, beat egg yolks, confex sugar 3minutes. Transfer to saucepan. Cook on medium low for one minute. Put in bowl. Fridge til cool. Mix 2 sticks butter 5 minutes. Add cooled caramel sauce. Use to ice cakes