Beets - Roasted
- 2 lbs small beets (1-1/2 to 2 inches in diameter).
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Cut off all but 2 inches of beet tops. Wash beets; leave whole with root ends attached.
Place beets in ungreased 13 x 9 inch pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil.
Roast uncovered about 40 minutes or until beets are tender. Let beets cool until easy to handle, about 30 minutes. Peel beets and cut off root ends; cut beets into 1/2 inch slices.
In medium bowl, toss beets, basil and vinegar. Serve warm or at room temperature.
**I toss beets with basil and soft goat cheese. Serve warm.