Burgundy Beef 2
- 1/2 lb fresh baby carrots
- 1 med green pepper, julienned
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-2 1/2 lb)
- 1 10 3/4 oz condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1/4 c beef broth
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2-3 T cornstarch
- 2 T cold water
- Hot cooked wide egg noodles
Combine carrots and green pepper; place roast on top. Combine soup, broth, Worcestershire sauce, soup mix; pour over the roast. Cook on low for 8-9 minutes or until meat is tender.
Tansfer roast and vegetables to serving platter to keep warm. Strain cooking juices and skim fat; place in a large saucepan. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the beef, vegetables and noodles.