- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate covered caramels, halved
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Coat a 13" x 9" x 2" pan with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
4. Beat together sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Beat in vanilla.
7. Add flour mixture and stir until blended.
8. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
9. Sprinkle with caramel pieces.
10. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until fairly firm to the touch.
11. Cool in pan on wire rack.
12. Dust with confectioners' sugar.