Nutella Stuffed French Toast with Warm Maple Strawberry Syrup
- For stuffed French toast
- sliced bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk, half and half or cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon agave or honey
- olive oil or butter for cooking
- For Syrup
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, I used grade B
1. Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Combine eggs, milk, vanilla and agave or honey in a large bowl. Whisk well. Spread Nutella on bread and make a sandwich. Dip in egg mixture and coat completely on both sides.
2. Drizzle olive oil or melt butter in skillet. Brown French toast on each side.
3. Combine strawberries and maple syrup in a microwave safe bowl for cooking in the microwave or in a small saucepan to cook on the stove. Heat through until strawberries are mushy.
4. Serve warm strawberry maple syrup over French toast with a few fresh strawberries.