Pita Panini with Arugula Salad
- 4 regular pitas
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1 jar roasted red peppers well drained
- 8 oz part skim mozzarella
- 4 --1/2" thick slices of onion
- nonstick spray
- 1 bag baby arugula salad
- 1 large tomato cut in wedges
- 3 T reduced fat balsamic vinaigrette
Heat panini grill.
Meanwhile make panini: For each, split one pita and spread rough side of a half with 2 T. pesto. Top with 1/4 of peppers and 1/2 cup cheese. Cover with other half of pita.
Lightly coat both sides of panini and onion slices with spray. Grill 4-5 minutes turning once or twice until cheese melts and onion slices are charred and crisp tender.
Meanwhile toss arugula, tomato and dressing in large bowl. Stir in charred onion. Serve with panini.