Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, Medium Diced
- 1 Garlic Clove, Finely Chopped
- 1 Leek (white and pale green parts only)
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 2 celery stalks
- Large Fresh Thyme Sprig
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Dried Wide Egg Noodles
- 8 Cups Chicken Stock or Chicken Broth
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tbsp Chopped Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
- 2 Large Eggs
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 40mins
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute' until soft (3 minutes)
Cut the leek, carrots, and celery into a medium dice.
Add the leek, carrots, celery and thyme to the onions and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and saute' until the vegetables soften, about 3 minutes.
Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
Add the noodles and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the chicken and simmer very gently until the chicken is just cooked through, about 7 minutes. Remove the thyme stem. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley.
Beat the eggs in a small bowl to blend. While slowly stirring the soup in a circular motion, slowly drizzle the eggs into the soup. Cook just until the eggs form streaks throughout the soup. Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper.