Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas with Gooey Jack Cheese
Show: Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller
Episode: Pack a Picnic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces *see cook's note
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1/3 cup prepared salsa, mild, medium or hot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/3 cups shredded Monterey jack and or Cheddar
- Cook's note: this is enough chicken to make this meal and another meal. If you are only making this meal, use 1 pound chicken.
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute 2 minutes. Add chicken and saute 5 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove half of the chicken and reserve for another use.
Stir in black beans, green chiles, and salsa and simmer 5 minutes, until sauce thickens and reduces. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
Arrange 4 tortillas on a flat surface. Top each tortilla with an equal amount of chicken mixture. Roll up tortillas and place side by side in a shallow baking dish. Top tortillas with shredded cheese (1/3 cup per tortilla).
Bake enchiladas 15 minutes, until cheese is golden and gooey!