Blueberry Coconut Muffins
- 1 1/2cups1 1/2 cups Gold Medal White Whole Wheat flour
- 1/2cup1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2teaspoons2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4cup1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1large1 large egg (or flaxseed replacement, see note)
- 3/4cup3/4 cup lite coconut milk
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2cup1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1cup1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Adapted from twopeasandtheirpod.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pan or line pan with muffin liners. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
3. In a separate medium bowl, mix coconut oil, egg, coconut milk, and vanilla together.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula. Stir until just combined. The batter will be thick. Gently fold in the coconut and blueberries.
5. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer muffins to a cooling rack and cool.
You can make this recipe vegan by replacing the egg with 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds and 3 tablespoons water. Stir together until thick and add to coconut oil, coconut milk, and vanilla.
You'll also love
- Hoppin' John 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- One Pot Italian Noodles 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Apple and Fennel Slaw 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Classic Banana Cream Pie 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Raspberry Lime Sangria 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Turkey Tenders with Cranberry... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Thai Coconut Chicken Simmer 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Mouy's banana coconut custard 4.6/5 (14 Votes)