BBQ Sweet Potpate
- Barbecue Sweet Potato Fries
- serves 4
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 x 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup extra light olive oil
- 1 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil (highly recommended, since it prevents sticking).
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Add the sweet potatoes and olive oil to a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside.
In a small bowl, mix together the dark brown sugar, salt, cumin, pepper, paprika and garlic powder. Don’t be afraid to get in their with your fingers to get it mixed well.
Add the brown sugar mixture to the potatoes and stir well to combine. Again, use your hands to get it really well-combined.
Pour the fries onto prepared baking sheet. Slide into the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, stirring and flipping the fries every 15 minutes or so. The fries are done when they are lightly browned.