- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a large bowl, with electric mixer on low, beat oil, 1/2 cup sugar, egg, molasses and syrup until smooth.
4. Gradually beat in flour mixture until blended.
5. Roll 1/4 cup dough into a ball; roll ball into remaining sugar.
6. Repeat procedure with remaining dough.
7. Arrange cookies 3" apart on ungreased baking sheets.
8. Bake 15 minutes.
9. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheets.
10. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.