Amish Sugar Cookies
- 4-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
1. Stir together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; set aside.
2. Cream together butter, oil, 1 cup of sugar and confectioners' sugar in mixing bowl at medium speed light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Blend in vanilla.
5. Gradually stir in dry ingredients, mixing well.
6. Drop mixture by rounded spoonfuls on greased cookie sheet.
7. Flatten each with glass dipped in sugar.
8. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges.