Positivly wonderful. A favorite of Kyle's
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 (3oz.) strawberry gelatin
- 1 (10 oz) frozen strawberries, thawed and pureed
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 c. oil
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 1 (10-oz.)frozen strawberries, thawed, pureed, and divided
- 1/2 teas. strawberry extract
- 7 c. powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 15x10 sheet pan.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix and gelatin. Add pureed strawberries, eggs, oil, and water, beat til smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 20 min or til done. Cool.
Beat cream cheese, and butter til creamy.
Beat in 1/4 c. strawberry puree and reserve remaining puree for another use. Beat in extract. Gradually add powdered sugar beating til smooth. Spread on cake. Makes a LOT of frosting, but is excellent.
I find if I puree 2-1/2 cups of strawberries, that it is enough to use for both cake and frosting. Use 1/4 cup for frosting.