GREEN CHILE PORK POSOLE
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 15-ounce cans white or golden hominy, drained
- 12 ounces fresh tomatillos, husked, rinsed, coarsely chopped
- 2 7-ounce cans diced mild green chiles, drained
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus additional for garnish
Heat oil in heavy, large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery and garlic. Saute until soft, about 7 minutes.
Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Add pork to pot; cook until no longer pink on the outside, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
Add broth, hominy, tomatillos, chiles, cumin and chili powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer uncovered until meat is tender, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour.
Stir in cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide among bowls, sprinkle with additional cilantro, and serve.