Blushing Penne PAsta
Very good per Rachel!
- 1 pkg (16oz) penne pasta
- 1 c thinly sliced onions
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh Thyme (2 tsp dried)
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh basil (2 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c half & half, divided
- 1/2 c white wine or chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 C. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
-Cook pasta according to directions.
-Meanwhile in a large skillet, over med heat, cook onions in butter for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
-Add thyme, basil and salt, cook one minute
-Add 1 c. cream, wine or broth, tomatoe paste; cook and stir until blended.
-Combine flour and remaining cream until smooth-gradually add to onion mixture
-Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
-Stir in 1/4 c cheese
-Drain Penne; toss w/sauce
-Sprinkle w/remaining chees