Pineapple & Cream Cheese Upside Down Cake
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Slices, drained
- 7 or 8 maraschino cherries
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O® Brand Lemon Flavor Gelatin
- 2 egg(s)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from dole.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch cake pan or spring form pan with nonstick cooking spray. If using a spring form pan, wrap foil around the bottom.
Stir together melted butter and brown sugar in pan. Place 7 or 8 pineapple slices in sugar mixture. Place cherry in center of each pineapple slice; cut remaining 2 slices of pineapple in half and place decoratively around slice in center of the pan.
Prepare cake mix according to the package directions (if using cake mix larger than 9 oz., a 10 or 12-inch pan is recommended). Pour half cake batter evenly over pineapple. Beat cream cheese, lemon gelatin and eggs in bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture gently over cake mix. Pour remaining cake mix over cheese cake in pan.
Bake 65 to 75 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Loosen edges and turn out onto serving platter.