Horseradish & Garlic Prime Rib
This Horseradish & Garlic Prime Rib recipe is melt-in-your-mouth good! Very simple to prepare, but makes an impressive presentation.
- 11 (6-pound, 3-rib) prime rib beef roast
- 5cloves5 cloves garlic, smashed, plus 2 heads garlic, halved
- 1/2cup1/2 cup fresh or prepared horseradish, grated
- 1/2cup1/2 cup sea salt
- 1/4cup1/4 cup freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2cup1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling, divided
- 22 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 22 parsnips
- 11 red onion, halved
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 140mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Lay the beef in a large roasting pan with the bone side down. (The ribs act as a natural roasting rack.)
In a small bowl mash together 5 cloves garlic, horseradish, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup olive oil to make a paste. Massage the paste generously over the entire roast. Scatter the halved garlic heads, carrots, parsnips and onion around the meat and drizzle them with a 2-count of oil.
Put the pan in the oven and roast 1 1/2 to 2 hours for medium-rare (approximately 20 minutes per pound). Check the internal temperature of the roast in several places with an instant-read thermometer; it should register 125°F for medium-rare.
Remove beef to a carving board and let it rest 20 minutes. The internal temperature of the meat will continue to rise by about 10 degrees. Remove vegetables and set aside. Pour pan juices into a fat separator or small bowl and set aside to allow the fat and beef juices to separate. Pour off and discard the fat.
Slice roast for serving and serve with beef juices.
You'll also love
- Hearty Lentil & Mushroom... 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Beef and Black Bean Chili 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cookies 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Balsamic Avocado & Tomatoes 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- BACON WRAPPED SMOKIES 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Best Meatballs Ever 4.7/5 (28 Votes)
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken 4.7/5 (28 Votes)
- Tilapia Al Ajillo (Garlic Tilapia) 4.6/5 (38 Votes)