The Best Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe
- 3 to 4 medium garlic cloves - crushed
- 1/4 (scant) cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoonanchovy paste
- 11 cup res grated imported parmesan cheese
- 1 cup virgin olive oil
- garlic croutons
In a food processor or in a large bowl, whisk
together garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper,
Worcestershire sauce,labasco, anchovy paste and
cheese until well blended and salt is dissolved.
With motor of food processor running, or whisking constantly, add the oil in a thin stream until it is
Dressing should have a light, mayonnaise-like consistency. Makes about one cup.
Refrigerate until needed.
To serve, place a little dressing in the bottom of a large salad bowl. Place romaine lettuce on top,
sprinkle on about half of the cheese, a few tablespoons (or to taste) of dressing and toss. Add more
dressing if desired, the remaining cheese and sprinkle on croutons. Serve immediately