Polish Sausage and Vegetables
Polish sausage are known all over the world. It should be steamed before eating. If you prick the skin with a fork it will not burst.
- 1 1/2 lbs. garlic-flavored ring sausage
- 1/2 cups sliced onions
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 can concensed beef broth
- 1 cup beer
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 //4 tsp. pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, cut in quarters
- 3 medium carrots, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp, chopped parsley
Prick sausage with fork.
In large saucepan, cook onions in butter until tender.
Stir in broth, beer, vinegar and pepper.
Add sausage, potatoes and carrots.
Cover; cook over low heat 35 minutes or until done.
Thicken to desired consistency.