Zucchini Chocolate Cake with Orange Glaze
This moist and mouthwatering cake has a rich chocolate flavor,a hint of orange and is chock-full of zucchini and nuts.
- 1/2 cup butter,softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 3 cups zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1-1/4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 70mins
1. Coat a 10-inch fluted pan with cooking spray and sprinkle with flour.
2. In a large bowl,cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time,beating well after each addition. Beat in applesauce and vanilla.
3. Combine flour,baking cocoa,baking powder,salt,cinnamon and soda;add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk,beating well after each addition. Fold in the zucchini,walnuts, and orange peel.
4. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake at 350degrees for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
5. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
6. In a small bowl,combine glaze ingredients completely. Drizzle over the cake.
You'll also love
- Five Spice Barbequed Turkey... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamed Swiss chard 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Not-Your-Mama’s Mashed Sour... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana Nut Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Buttercream Icing - Wilton 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Key Lime Buttercream Icing - Wilton 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Marble Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Squash and Goat Cheese Frittatas 0/5 (0 Votes)