Strawberry and Chocolate Trifle
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 quart fresh whole strawberries
- 1 carton (15 ounces) strawberry glaze
- 2 cartons (12 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 cup chocolate frosting
- Shaved chocolate
Adapted from tasteofhome,com
Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Set aside five strawberries for garnish. Slice remaining strawberries. Cut cake into 1-in. cubes. Place half of the cubes in a 6-qt. glass punch bowl. Top with half of the sliced strawberries; drizzle with half of the strawberry glaze. Spread with 3-1/2 cups whipped topping.
In a microwave-safe bowl, heat frosting on high for 20-30 seconds or until pourable, stirring often; cool slightly. Drizzle half over the whipped topping. Repeat layers of cake, berries, glaze, whipped topping and frosting. Top with remaining whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Garnish with shaved chocolate and reserved strawberries. Yield: 24-28 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Chicken & Pasta Bake 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Creamy Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Scalloped Cabbage 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- No Bake Lemonade Pie 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Skinny Grilled Pineapple 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Clinton Kelly's Apple Cranberry... 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Sour Cream Crumb... 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Strawberry-Filled Angel Food Cake 4.7/5 (23 Votes)