All American Potato Salad
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle juice, plus 1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 onion, red (small), chopped fine
- 1 rib celery, chopped fine
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice (optional)
1. Place potatoes in large saucepan with cold water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to boil over high heat, add 1 teaspoon salt, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Drain potatoes thoroughly, then spread out on rimmed baking sheet. Mix 2 tablespoons pickle juice and mustard together in small bowl, drizzle pickle juice mixture over potatoes, and toss until evenly coated. Refrigerate until cooled, about 30 minutes.
3. Mix remaining tablespoon pickle juice, chopped pickles, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, celery seed, mayonnaise, sour cream, red onion, and celery in large bowl. Toss in cooled potatoes, cover, and refrigerate until well chilled, about 30 minutes. (Salad can be refrigerated in airtight container for up to 2 days.) Gently stir in eggs, if using, just before serving.