Hasselback Garlic Potatoes w/ Bacon & Cheese
For many people, Hasselback style potatoes are nothing new.
Make some slices in a potato, bake, and it magically fans out into an impressive looking potato with LOTS of character indeed, making for a brilliant addition to any meal!
- 16 ounces potatoes
- 3 to 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and fresh black pepper
- Fresh chives (diced)
- Bacon (cut into large chunks)
- Shredded Cheese of your choice- 1-cup
- Sour Cream, recipe follows**
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Using a wooden spoon as a cradle, place each potato in the spoon and make several parallel slits into each potato top making sure not to slice completely through.
Place 3 garlic slices between slits at the crown of each potato. Toss in a medium bowl with butter and olive oil.
Place on a baking sheet lined with tin foil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
When the potatoes begin to “fan out” it’s time to make the magic happen.Carefully slip a hunk of bacon into each slit of the potato like so and continue to cook
Once the potatoes and bacon are fully cooked (use a knife poke test), coat the potatoes with heaping helping of shredded cheese. .
Bake until tops are crispy and potatoes are cooked through, about 1 hour. Transfer to a platter and top with Herbed Sour Cream and chives.
You'll also love
- HERB SIRLOIN ROAST 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Brisket 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dutch Apple Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin French Toast Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Skinny Pumpkin Spiced... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Artichokes with Garlic Basil... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- MOM'S SWEET POTATO PUDDING 0/5 (0 Votes)
- gemelli with cauliflower, bacon,... 0/5 (0 Votes)