Chocolate Mint Hot Chocolate
This recipe is prepared in the Temp-tations® Snowflake Set of 4 Mugs (H166064).
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1-1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 Andes chocolate mints
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6-1/2 cups hot water
- Marshmallow cream or mini marshmallows (optional garnish)
- Chocolate shavings (optional garnish)
Add the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, peppermint extract, mints, and salt to a large saucepan over medium heat. Mix well. Slowly stir in the water and heat through, stirring occasionally. Do not allow the mixture to boil.
Pour the hot chocolate into mugs, then garnish each cup with marshmallow cream or mini marshmallows, if desired. The chocolate shavings can also be added, if desired.