- 1 cup rice ( cooked )
- 2 cups water ( to cook rice )
- 2 6oz jars of tamales, sliced thin
- 2 cans mushrooms or 1/2 lb fresh
- 4-5 cooked boned chicken
- 2 small cans of tomato sauce
- 2 bunches of scallions w/ tops
- 3 cans of cream of chicken soup ( undiluted )
- 1/2 lb grated cheddar
- bread crumbs
Layer in this order:
Tamales, mushrooms, 1 can tomato sauce, chicken, rice, scallions, 2nd can of tomato sauce, cream of chicken soup, cheese and bread crumbs.
Take a knife and put slits in the casserole to help blend flavors
Bake 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until bubbly.
NOTE: Great to make ahead of time and refrigerate overnight.