Chicken Breast with Mushroom Cream Sauce
The secret to a good cream sauce is always the same; limit the cream to avoid overpowering more delicate flavors.
This recipe containes a bountiful amount of mushrooms served over chicken breasts.
- 2 (5 oz.) boneless, slinless chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caaps
- 2 Tbsp. dry revouth or dry white wine
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp, heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh chives or scallion greens
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Season chicken with pepper and salt on both sides
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once or twice and adjusting the heat to prevent burning, until brown, 12-16 minutes. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
Add the shallot to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 2 minutes.
Pour in vermouth (or wine); simmer until almost evaporated, scraping up any browned bits, about 1 minute. Pour in broth and cook until reduced by half, 1-2 minutes.
Stir in cream and chives (or scallions); return to simmer.
Return the chicken to the pan, turn to coat with sauce and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
You'll also love
- Southwest White Chicken Chili By:... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hot Seafood Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- E.D. SMITH'S PUMPKIN PIE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Filet Mignon with Pomegranate-Wine... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- MOP SAUCE FOR PULLED PORK 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweetfire Chicken Wings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Rouladen Recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Canned Mushroom Soup Substitute 0/5 (0 Votes)