White-Chocolate Cherry Shortbread
Beautiful pink and white shortbread cookies dipped in white chocolate and edible glitter. Perfect for Valentine's Day or Christmas!
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained and finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- 12 ounces white chocolate baking squares with cocoa butter, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 drops red food coloring, optional
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- White nonpareils and or red edible glitter, optional
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 325°F. Spread cherries on paper towels to drain well.
In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in drained cherries and 4 ounces (2/3 cup) of the chopped chocolate. Stir in almond extract and, if desired, food coloring. Knead mixture until it forms a smooth ball.
Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Using the bottom of a drinking glass dipped in sugar, flatten balls to 1 1/2-inch rounds.
Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until centers are set. Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
In a small saucepan, combine remaining 8 ounces white chocolate and the shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Dip half of each cookie into chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. If desired, roll dipped edge in nonpareils and/or edible glitter. Place cookies on waxed paper until chocolate is set.
Layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Pizza Pasta 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Pan Roast of Cod, Pears &... 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Sweet Potato and Roasted Red... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Stringbeans with Almonds and Lemon 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Wild Rice Dressing 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Minestrone Verde 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Cherry Vanilla Fudge 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Pudding - Pumpkin Chia Pudding 4.3/5 (8 Votes)