Golden Beet and Red Onion Salad
- 4 golden beets, smaller = sweeter
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 red onion, quartered then thinly sliced
- 1 T. fresh dill, chopped
- 2 T. course dijon mustard
- 2 T. rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 t. chopped toasted walnuts
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Prepping the beets:
Scrub beets and remove all but about an inch of the tops. Leave the root ends intact. Steam beets along with the bay leaves for 30 minutes, or until soft. Discard the bay leaves. Rinse the beets immediately in cold water and set them aside to cool. When beets have cooled enough to handle, cut off the tops and root ends. Using the edge of your knife, scrape off the skins. Cut each beet into eight wedges.
Making the dressing:
Place mustard, vinegar, dill and salt in a small bowl and mix well.
Putting it Together:
Place chopped onions and beet wedges in a medium sized bowl. Drizzle with dressing. Mix until the onion and beets are coated in the dressing. Sprinkle the walnuts on top.
Serve slightly warm. You can even sprinkle with a little blue cheese.
You'll also love
- Polynesian Chicken Salad with Baby... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Squash and Goat Cheese Frittatas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Chicken Breast with new... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork in Beer and Onions 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seared Steak with Red Onions and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- beets and feta salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Char with Yukon Golds and... 0/5 (0 Votes)