A take on traditional rugelach, these cookies can be made with countless combinations of jam and nuts-apricot and walnuts, strawberry and almonds, whatever's in your cupboard.
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 refrigerated rolled pie crusts
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup pecans finely chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Sprinkle a clean work surface with 1 tbsp of the sugar and 1/4 tsp of the cinnamon. Unroll one pie crust, place it on the cinnamon sugar mixture and press gently to help the mixture adhere to the crust.
3. Spread half the jam evenly over the crust and sprinkle half the pecans over the top. Starting at one end, tightly roll the dough into a log. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
4. Trim the ends of each log, then cut into 1-in.- thick slices and stand them on edge (sugared-dough-side up and down) on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them 2-inches apart. Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a baking rack to cool completely.