Roasted Sicilian Potatoes
Saturated Fat: 9.2g
- 2 lbs. baby Yukon gold potatoes, washed, quartered or cut up
- 1 smallish onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins- dark or golden
- Handful of grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of baby spinach leaves, washed, patted dry
- Handful of black olives
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup light broth- as needed
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes with spicy green chiles
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- A sprig of fresh rosemary, chopped
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Hot red pepper flakes, to taste
Adapted from webmd.com
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil the bottom of a single large gratin dish or four individual baking dishes.
2. Dump the potatoes into a bowl. Add in the onion, garlic, bell pepper, raisins, fresh tomatoes, spinach leaves and black olives. Mix. Add in the olive oil, half a cup of broth, and diced tomatoes with juice. Stir to mix. Add the thyme and rosemary; season with sea salt and pepper. Add a shake of hot red pepper flakes, to taste. Stir to coat all the potatoes. If you need a splash more broth to make everything happy and moist, add it in.
3. Spoon the potato mixture into the oiled baking dish or dishes. Roast in the center of a preheated oven until the potatoes are slightly browned and fork tender- roughly 35 to 45 minutes, depending upon the size of the potato pieces.