Crab Cakes with Roasted Vegetables and Tangy Butter Sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
- 1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
1. To prepare crab cakes, combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl. Gently fold in crabmeat. Gently stir in 3/4 cup panko. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
2. Divide crab mixture into 8 equal portions (about 1/2 cup each); shape each into a 3/4-inch-thick patty. Place remaining 3/4 cup panko in a shallow dish. Working with 1 patty at a time, dredge in panko. Repeat procedure with the remaining patties and panko.
3. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat both sides of crab cakes with cooking spray. Add 4 crab cakes to pan; cook 7 minutes. Carefully turn cakes over; cook 7 minutes or until golden. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, cooking spray, and remaining 4 crab cakes.